Here's the important stuff about the race
Note the start times:
10k race - 10.15am
Fun Run - 9.30am
Check out the FAQ's
Contact us at email@example.com
Find us on
Race Information (Subject to change prior to race day)
- The 10k Race and Fun Run will be run under the UK Athletics (UKA) Rules. All instructions issued for the safety of the runners and others must be complied with.
- First Aid - by entering the event you are authorising the release of personal and medical details by the Medical Team to the Event Organiser, for statutory purposes, if attended to in a medical emergency.
- Entries will be accepted on the day (up to 9.00am children’s run, 9.45am 10km race) providing the race limit of 800 has not been exceeded.
- You must be 15 years or over on race day to compete in the 10km Road Race.
- Fun Run - You must be under 15 years of age on race day to run in the Fun Run. All children under 9 must be accompanied by an adult (no entry fee payable for accompanying adults).
- Closing date for postal entries is one week before the date of the race.
- Time Limit – authority for road closures lapses at 12.00pm when marshals will be withdrawn and you will no longer be insured.
- Images – by entering the race you give permission for the free use of your name, voice and picture in any record or promotion of this event.
Children's Fun Run - 9.30 am
10k Road Race - 10.15am
The 10k race and children's fun run are based in Allesley Village on the western outskirts of Coventry. 10k race registration, changing and showers are at the Jaguar Sports and Social Club, Browns Lane, Allesley, Coventry. CV5 9DR. Fun run registration, results, presentation and refreshments are at the Scout Hut in Washbrook Lane. Both are close to the A45 which skirts the south of the city.
How to get to the Race (click maps to enlarge)
- By Rail - Nearest railway station is Coventry, which is about 3 miles from Browns Lane. From the station it is an approx 10 minute taxi ride. Alternatively; take the bus to Pool Meadow Bus Station and then a number X1 bus (from stand H - Birmingham) bus to Neale Avenue, Allesley. The 10k race registration approx 800 metres walk. The X1 bus takes about 11 mins and runs every half hour on Sundays. There is a number 7 bus which stops opposite the 10k Race Registration, but the first Sunday service does not get there until 15 mins before the start of the 10k race. Check availability of trains and buses before making arrangements as these are subject to change at weekends.
- By Road
- From Northwest M6 - Leave motorway at junction 4. Take A446 towards Coventry. At roundabout, take A45 towards Coventry. Travel about 6 miles, leave A45 at junction with A4114 (Allesley/Coventry). At bottom of slip road take first exit from roundabout (Rye Hill - Windmill Hill - Browns Lane).
- From Southwest M5/M42 - Leave M42 at Junction 6. Take A45 towards Coventry. Travel about 7 miles then leave A45 at junction with A4114 (Allesley/Coventry). At bottom of slip road take first exit from roundabout (Rye Hill - Windmill Hill - Browns Lane).
- From Northeast M1/M69 - At the end of M69 continue onto A46. Stay on A46 and continue onto A45 (Birminham). Leave A45 at junction with A4114 (Allesley/Coventry). At bottom of slip road take third exit from roundabout (Rye Hill - Windmill Hill - Browns Lane).
- From Southeast M1/M45/A45 or M40/A46.A45 - in both cases take A45 towards Birmingham. Leave A45 at junction with A4114 (Allesley/Coventry). At bottom of slip road take third exit from roundabout (Rye Hill - Windmill Hill - Browns Lane).
- Alternatively - use Sat-Nav (CV5 9DR).
There will be a certain amount of parking at the Jaguar Sports & Social Club on a "first come" basis. When this is full you will be directed to off-road parking at Townfields Saddlery in Butt Lane. From here it is a short walk to the start. Please observe the marshals' instructions. Please do not park in the approach roads as this causes congestion and annoys the residents. There have been complaints in the past about blocking driveways, so your co-operation will be appreciated.
Changing and shower facilities are available at the Jaguar Sports & Social Club.
Toilets are available at the Jaguar Sports & Social Club and at the Scout Hut near the finish of race. The 10k Start is on Browns Lane. The Children's Fun Run Start and Finish are in Washbrook Lane, approx 150 metres from the Scout Hut.
We have not been able to arrange for a secure baggage store.
Entering on the Day - 10k Race
We accept 10k entries on the day up to 9.45 am, provided the race limit of 800 has not been met. On the day entries are taken at the Jaguar Sports & Social Club. Make sure you allow enough time to get to the race start 400m away in Browns Lane.
Entering on the Day - Fun Run
We accept Fun Run entries on the day up to 9.00 am. On the day Fun Run entries are taken at the Scout Hut in Washbrook Lane, approximately 150 metres from the Fun Run start and finish.
Please look after your number and ensure it is not mixed up with anyone else's. Under the rules numbers are not transferable. Provision is made on the back of the race number for medical and contact details. The number must be pinned to the front of your running top so as to be clearly visible at the finish line, and must not be cut, folded or mutilated in any way.
Race Number Collection 10k
We are not sending out race numbers. You can collect your
10k race number from the registration desk at the Jaguar Sports & Social
Club on the day of the race. Make sure you allow enough time to collect your
number. The registration desk is 400m from the 10k race
Alternatively, you can collect your number on the day prior to the race - between 2pm and 4pm from the Scout Hut in Washbrook Lane, Sat Nav CV5 9FG.
Race Number Collection Fun Run
We are not sending out numbers. You can collect
your Fun Run number from the Scout Hut in Washbrook Lane on the day of
the race. Alternatively, you can collect your number on the day prior to the
race - between 2pm and 4pm - from the Scout Hut.
M ake sure you allow enough time to collect your number.
10k Route Description - see course map
The 10k Start is on Browns Lane, 150m from its junction with Washbrook Lane. The race is over one lap on, mainly, rural roads. Arrangements are being made to ensure it is traffic free but this cannot be guaranteed so caution should be exercised at all times. Runners should keep to the left hand side of the road wherever possible. The course is described as undulating with the highest point at 6 kilometres and the lowest at the finish line, a difference, in height, of 80 metres. The course will be marked and signed at each kilometre.
Drinks stations will be located at approx 3.5 km, 6 km and at the finish. You are kindly requested to throw the cups to the side of the road but within easy reach to aid collection.
First Aid and Safety
Arrangements have been made for a paramedic and assisting First Aiders to be available at the start and finish with support on the course. If you experience any difficulty during the race, stop running and make your way to the nearest marshal. If you see someone in distress please notify the nearest marshal so that help can be summoned. A sweep vehicle will follow the tail of the race to collect anyone unable to complete the race. Please note that if you are at all unwell or recovering from a cold or flu, do not run as this can be extremely dangerous. The weather in July can be variable, so please ensure you have suitable kit on the day.
Cakes and soft drinks wil be available to purchase after the race at the Scout Hut. Please note that the Jaguar Sports & Social Club operate a strict policy of not allowing any food to be consumed on its premises unless purchased there.
Results and Prizes
The results will be displayed at the Scout Hut as soon as they are available. We aim to have the full list of results posted on our website by Sunday evening. Prizes will be awarded on the day, at the Scout Hut, from approximately 12.00 noon.
We will be videoing the race for record purposes and in case of dispute and/or uncertainty. If the footage is suitable, a DVD may be made available for purchase. This will be advertised via our website.
Surplus proceeds from the race will be donated to selected local charities.
This year all surplus funds will be donated to:
- The Myton Hospices
- 1st Coventry (Allesley Village) Scouts
- Allesley Festival
- Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital